COVID-19 Updates | March 2, 2020
Dear Residents, Family Members, Staff, and Friends:
As you all know, COVID-19, a type of coronavirus, has become more of a concern here in the United States.
Here at The Village at Incarnate Word we are monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Texas Health and Human Services, and the San Antonio Metropolitan Health District, our local health authority.
In the short term, we are taking precautionary steps such as limiting volunteers to the community and reeducating staff on standard precautions used to prevent infections such as hand washing and disinfecting equipment.
The health and safety of our residents and clients are our number one priority. The Village does reserve the right to cancel all volunteer programs and internal Connections programs without notice. This is not a step we anticipate taking but may if the situation continues to evolve unfavorably.
Per the CDC there are everyday steps we can all take to protect ourselves and others from viruses like COVID-19. The best way to prevent infection is to take precautions to avoid exposure to this virus, which are similar to the precautions you take to avoid the flu. CDC always recommends these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
The Village at Incarnate Word will continue to monitor the situation closely and take additional steps as needed.
For more information on the COVID-19, visit:
President & CEO
The Village at Incarnate Word