COVID-19 | March 24 Update
March 24, 2020
Dear Residents and Family Members:
Yesterday, Monday, March 23, the City of San Antonio and Bexar County issued a joint Stay Home, Work Safe Order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. The order is effective through April 9.
This joint order is for all individuals living in the City of San Antonio and the surrounding suburban areas within Bexar County, therefore, it includes residents here at The Village.
Under the Order, residents may leave the community to take a walk outside, to visit a grocery store, go to medical appointments, and/or to visit a pharmacy to pick up medications. You should not be traveling, leaving to work, or leaving to visit friends and/or family. For more information on the orders, please visit the City of San Antonio’s information page at:
While it seems onerous, if you leave the community for any other reason than those allowed in the Stay Home, Work Safe Order, you may not be allowed re-entrance into the community.
A few resources available to help during this period while we are being ordered to stay at home:
- Medication set-up: CHRISTUS Home Health may be available to come to your apartment and set-up your pillbox. See Resident Services for more information or contact 210-279-0683 to schedule.
- Sisters Care at The Village: can assist with hygiene, dressing, transfer assistance, companionship, meal prep, light housekeeping. Call for more information at 210-733-9800
- H-E-B has a delivery service, Favor, and a phone line for Seniors to contact to place orders for grocery delivery. You can call 1-833-397-0080 or place an order on Favor’s website. See Resident Services for more information.
Changes coming to meal service:
To improve our adherence to social distancing we are making additional changes to dining times, the number of meal services, and how many people can dine at any one time.
Starting Wednesday, March 25, Bistro dining will be suspended. The Bistro staff will be serving in CHRISTUS Heritage Hall and we will continue serving in the main dining room.
Each dining area will have seating for 30 people spaced accordingly to social distancing requirements. For each meal period (breakfast, lunch, dinner) there will be three seatings.
We based mealtimes and the count of 30 diners from point of sale data. We are confident that these times will work well based on our average number of diners. There may be an early adjustment period with this process, but we expect to find a routine based on our usual dining habits. If not, we will move to a more structured process.
Please see the following schedule for meals served in the main dining hall and CHRISTUS Heritage Hall:
- First seating – 6:00 a.m.
- Second seating – 7:00 a.m.
- Third seating – 8:00 a.m.
- First seating – 11:00 a.m.
- Second seating – 12 Noon
- Third seating – 1:00 p.m.
- First seating – 4:00 p.m.
- Second seating – 5:00 p.m.
- Third seating – 6:00 p.m.
The coming weeks will certainly be challenging as we must continue to adhere to social distancing regardless of how inconvenient it may be. For everyone’s benefit, it is critical that we do this.
Working together we can continue to keep our health and safety as our number one priority. I thank you for your understanding. Please reach out to me, Jeanette, Fernando, or Lynda with any questions.