COVID-19 Updates | March 12, 2021
March 12, 2021
Dear Village at Incarnate Word Residents and Families:
We know you are concerned about the spread of COVID-19 and how it may impact you and your loved ones. Ensuring our residents are in a safe and healthy environment is our priority.
On March 10, 2021, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), announced changes to visitation guidelines. Texas Health and Human Services (HHS) are reviewing CMS’ changes. At this time, Texas long-term care providers are waiting for HHS to provide State guidance developed from that review.
Here at The Village, we are encouraged with the guidance for expanded visitation. We do understand, and you should expect, that under expanded visitation there will continue to be safety measures taken to mitigate the potential for exposure to COVID-19.
The Village will continue to:
- Require all to wear a mask, including visitors, in the community.
- Visitors will visit in resident rooms, not in common areas.
- Screen all who enter the community for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., temperature checks, questions about and observations of signs or symptoms), and denial of entry of those with signs or symptoms or those who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection in the prior 14 days (regardless of the visitor’s vaccination status).
- Encourage visitors to become vaccinated when they have the opportunity.
- Limit visitation with residents that have confirmed COVID-19 infection.
- Limit visitation with residents that are in quarantine until he or she have met the criteria for release from quarantine.
- Limit the number of visitors per resident.
- Although indoor visitation will be allowed, we will encourage outdoor visitation until more Texans are vaccinated.
Our independent living residents and families, regardless of HHS’s decision, will receive a letter Monday outlining The Village’s expanded independent living visitation guidelines. We hope that HHS provides guidance soon on CMS’ recommendations so we can open The Village in all areas in one step. Again, if we do not receive guidance on our assisted livings and nursing facility, independent living will open with expanded visitation but please wait for The Village’s instructions coming Monday.
Please, feel free to call the community with any questions. My extension is 140. You may also ask to speak with Jeanette Eisenmenger, The Village COO (extension 157), or Lynda Jennings, The Village VP of Clinical Services and Compliance (extension 213).
Kindest regards to all,
President & CEO