COVID-19 Updates | March 23, 2021
March 23, 2021
Dear Village at Incarnate Word Residents and Family Members,
What a time this has been. We thank you for all your prayers and cooperation during this trying year. Based on current guidance for fully vaccinated residents, The Village is expanding visitation in Angelique House and Alphonse House assisted livings and DeMatel extended care effective March 24, 2021.
We fully understand that the wellbeing of your loved ones is more than just medical, their emotional and social wellness is key to their overall health. We want to stress that we have done all we can to keep your loved one safe, and at this time, we ask you to be our partner in keeping COVID out of our building.
Expanding visitation must be done safely so we are following this protocol:
- Visitors for Angelique and DeMatel must enter through the Angelique House main entrance. Visitors for Alphonse House must enter through the Main Entrance.
- All who enter the community will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., temperature checks, questions about and observations of signs or symptoms), and we will deny entry to those with signs or symptoms or those who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection in the prior 14 days (regardless of the visitor’s vaccination status).
- All visitors are required to practice the 3 W’s: Wear a properly fitted mask, Wash your hands, and Watch your distance from those other than your loved one while in the community.
- Visitation inside the community will be in your loved one’s apartment/room. At this time, visits are not permitted in common areas such as the bistro, dining rooms, or hallways.
- A COVID test is NOT required to visit.
- Please be reminded that outside visits are far safer when the weather permits, and this is the preferred method of visitation for visitors who are not yet vaccinated.
- Residents who are not vaccinated may NOT have visitors but are allowed Essential Caregiver visits.
For family members that are not yet vaccinated, we encourage you to get the vaccine when it is available to you.
Lastly, please be prudent in your visits. If you are not feeling well do not visit.
Please, feel free to call the community with any questions. My extension is 140. You may also ask to speak with Jeanette Eisenmenger, The Village COO (extension 157), or Lynda Jennings, The Village VP of Clinical Services and Compliance (extension 213).
President & CEO