COVID-19 Updates | March 16, 2021
March 16, 2021
Dear Village at Incarnate Word Independent Living Residents and Family Members of Independent Living Residents:
Based on current guidance, The Village is expanding visitation in our independent living effective March 17, 2021.
Expanding visitation must be done safely so we are following this protocol:
- Visitors must enter through the community’s main entrance.
- Screen of all who enter the community for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., temperature checks, questions about and observations of signs or symptoms), and deny entry to those with signs or symptoms or those who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection in the prior 14 days (regardless of the visitor’s vaccination status).
- All visitors are required to practice the 3 W’s: Wear a mask, Wash your hands, and Watch your distance while in the community.
- Visitation inside the community will be in your loved one’s apartment. At this time, visits are not permitted in common areas such as the bistro and dining room.
- Residents are allowed up to two (2) visitors at any one time.
- Visitors must be 18 years or older.
- A COVID test is NOT required to visit.
- Please be reminded that outside visits are far safer when the weather permits, and this is the preferred method of visitation for visitors who are not yet vaccinated.
For family members that are not yet vaccinated, we encourage you to get the vaccine when it is available to you.
We will continue to make updates to visitation as vaccinations increase and COVID-19 cases decrease.
This expanded visitation only applies to independent living. It does not apply to other care areas (e.g., assisted living and extended care).
Lastly, please be prudent in your visits. If you are not feeling well do not visit. Keeping each other safe is a team effort.
Please, feel free to call the community with any questions. My extension is 140. You may also ask to speak with Jeanette Eisenmenger, The Village COO (extension 157), or Lynda Jennings, The Village VP of Clinical Services and Compliance (extension 213).
Kindest regards to all,
President & CEO